UTF-8 -> ISO-8859-x outgoing conversion
Urs Janßen
2004-10-11 08:42:54 UTC
LC_CTYPE=de_DE.utf8
mm_network_charset=ISO-8859-1

when responding to an article with e.g. the EURO-char in it (not
available in ISO-8859-1) I do NOT get the expected warning
"Posting is in UTF-8 and contains characters which are not in your
selected MM_NETWORK_CHARSET: ISO-8859-1."
and the related multibyte sequence is replaced by three ? instead of
one as expected. anyone willing to look at this?

urs
--
"Only whimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - Linus
Sebastian Bork
2004-10-13 17:51:50 UTC
Post by Urs Janßen
when responding to an article with e.g. the EURO-char in it (not
available in ISO-8859-1) I do NOT get the expected warning
"Posting is in UTF-8 and contains characters which are not in your
selected MM_NETWORK_CHARSET: ISO-8859-1."
and the related multibyte sequence is replaced by three ? instead of
one as expected. anyone willing to look at this?
If anyone does, please also try to find the code leading to the
problem I reported in <***@eris.sebi.org>.
The damn thing is really hard to reproduce, though, I still
have no clue what exactly triggers it. At least I get the
warning and the number of "?" is right, IIRC. But there really
should be a multibyte sequence instead of the "?".